Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cookies of awesome


I used the Kitchenaid Mixer recipe and adapted it based on my childhood memories:

Ingredients:
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of granulated white and organic sugar all mixed together (because I am not putting them in
their own containers, sugar is sugar.... it works)
1 cup of shortening.
2 Tbsp of powdered eggs and 1/4 cup water (or 2 whole fresh eggs)
3 cups of flour (mix of your own whole wheat and All purpose. I used all purpose because I didn't feel like grinding up some flour for this)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
12 oz of chocolate chips (I used 2 cups of Ghiardelli milk chocolate chips from the freezer)

Cream the sugars, shortening, eggs and vanilla for about 30 seconds, scrape down and cream for another minute. Slowly add the salt, baking soda and and flour. Mix for about 2 minutes, and then stir in the chocolate chips

Drop in rounded teaspoons on a greased baking sheet, and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.

Take them out and cool them on wire racks.

Makes about 56 or so I am told. I am using half the cookie dough for ice cream in a few.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]