Sunday, July 12, 2009

Making Coffee Cake :)

So I was thumbing through my copy of the Better Times Cookbook (printed from the website)
and I found a really easy coffee cake recipe. It was about 2 am and my oldest son wasn't going to sleep, so I decided to let him help me bake for breakfast tomorrow.

Easy Very Tasty Biscuit Mix Coffee Cake Recipe

2 cups of biscuit mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup milk or 2 Tbsp milk powder plus 2/3 cup water (double the powder if using instant milk powder)

Cinnamon Streusel Topping
1/3 cup of biscuit mix
1/3 cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter/margarine
(I mix this up with my fingers)
*optional 2 Tbsp of Maple syrup (the real stuff, toss out that corn syrup impostor)


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.Grease up a 9 inch round pan. Mix the cake ingredients together (or let your kid do it) and then pour evenly into pan. I jiggle it around a bit. Sprinkle the topping onto the batter making sure that the entire top is dotted with the yummy streusel mixture. Bake for about 20 minutes. If using syrup, drizzle it on the top when you take the cake out of the oven. Let cake cool before removing from pan.

I am letting it cool off before I put the cover on it. And when everyone is ready to eat, the coffee cake will be an easy thing to pull out! :) Sorry for the blurry pics. All I have is my crappy cellphone camera that is blurry and the color is off. Soon enough I will have a camera again!

Update- I haven't gotten the camera to get pics. (Darn heart issues are tuckering me out) but I made a cute recipe card to go with.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: