Monday, August 2, 2010

A Short History of Health Care Reform: (thanks Chaz) Originally Shared - Friday, April 2, 2010 at 7:56pm

O: Hey guys, I feel everyone should have health care. This will also make a really broken system that's more expensive than any national health service anywhere else in the first world more efficient.

GOP: YOU'RE PLANNING TO DESTROY THE NATION, EVIL TERRORIST-LOOKING GUY!

O: ...

Do you have any suggestions about how to make this better?

GOP: Yeah, screw it all and privatize everything!

O: You know, that's not really possible, and your plan has nothing except political rhetoric, so that's not very useful...

GOP: STFU COMMUNIST-TERRORIST DUDE!

O: Okay, Dems, let's do it.

Red State Democrats: Daddy, I can't. The mean kids at school will make fun of me. I just pissed myself!

O: /breaths in and out slowly

You volunteered for this job, you volunteered for this job...

Some time later....

O: Finally, we got a bill together.

Stupak: O NOES! ABORTION! /runs around with head on fire

O: THERE IS NOTHING IN THE BILL THAT FUNDS ABORTION WITH GOVERNMENT MONEY. IT'S UP TO THE INSURANCE COMPANIES! Okay, I just signed an executive order that said no abortion, are we cool?

GOP: HELP! HELP! WE'RE BEING OPPRESSED! SEE THE VIOLENCE INHERENT IN THE SYSTEM!

TERRORIST-LOOKING DUDE IS TOTALLY A FASCIST WHO HAS TAKEN OVER OUR COUNTRY!

Gang of 34: Daddy, will you change my diaper? I made a poopy...

Obama: /reaches for aspirin

No comments: