Monday, August 2, 2010

So I made my own Beta Hydroxy Acid mask- Originally written Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 3:45pm\

Pouring of maturated honey in pots.Image via Wikipedia

I got the idea from Michelle Phan. I have used her recipe (using honey) but we are all out of regular honey and only have raw honey right now, so I improvised.

I added one packet of BC powder http://www.bcpowder.com/products_original.aspx to my http://www.aldifoods.com/us/html/product_range/2744_7520_ENU_HTML.htm Lacura Exfoliating Face Mask. I only left it on for 7 minutes instead of the usual 20 minutes and it left my skin very radiant. I also made a body mask using vegetable glycerin which can be found in pretty much any health food store.

Beta Hydroxy Acid does make your skin more photosensitive, so if you decide to do this instead of paying about 80 dollars for the same thing, be sure that you use something that has SPH in it afterward. It's awesome to slough away dead skin cells, reducing fine lines, and leaves your skin super glowy.


Recipe: Approximate
1 dollop of the mask base
1 packet of the BC Powder :) 

No comments: